QUIZ: SEASONS ENDING IN 8
Our advent calendar continues today with a themed United quiz. Can you answer our eight questions about seasons ending in 8?
1) Who scored the Reds’ first goal, and who were the opponents, in United’s successful 2007/08 European campaign?
2) United won 7-0 and then 6-1 in successive league outings in 1997/98. Who were the opponents?
3) United came back from 3-1 down to draw 3-3 at Liverpool on Easter Monday, 1988. Who scored the Reds’ goals?
4) Which England winger, who later managed Manchester City, was the only man to play all 52 games in the Reds’ 1977/78 campaign?
5) Matt Busby’s men won the European Cup in 1967/68, but where did the team finish in the league?
6) Who were the opponents and what was the score in United’s last competitive match before the Munich air crash?
7) Who captained United to victory in the 1948 FA Cup final?
8) Who made his Reds debut in the 1937/38 season before going on to net 211 goals in 424 appearances? He currently lies third in the list of all-time United scorers.