Sir Alex and the players never underestimate the importance of the Reds' huge and fanatical support, after all it's what makes us the biggest club in the world. And in recognition of that support and loyalty, United Review have handed part of the matchday programme over to the fans in the new United Family section.
Supporting the team is about so much more than simply cheering the lads on for 90 minutes every week, and there are many, many fans who travel to the ends of the earth following the men in red. There are also thousands who are still desperate to fulfil a lifetime’s ambition by visiting Old Trafford for the very first time.
So whether it’s your first trip to the Theatre of Dreams or your 100th consecutive competitive match, United Review want to hear all about it. In fact, if you’ve any United related tales to tell then send them in. The programme want to hear your matchday rituals, where you sit in the ground, any superstitions you have, in fact, anything that sums up your love for the world’s greatest football club.
What United Review are looking for…
* Fans’ tales. Did you hitch a lift to Moscow? Get a phone call while at Old Trafford to say your wife’s gone into labour? Name your kids after the 1994 Double-winning side?
* United on tour. Send in your photos of away days trips or European adventures – from this season or days gone by.
* Supporters’ branches. Has your branch celebrated something special, or do you reckon your bus is the most devoted in the land?
* Collectors’ corner. Have you got a piece of United memorabilia you’re particularly proud of?
* Red Heads. Do you know a United fan who deserves to have their story heard? Maybe it’s you?
* Did your dad, uncle, brother, cousin represent the Reds?
* In the blood. Is Manchester United in your family’s DNA? Tell us about the many generations of Reds in your family.
* All-new kids page. Celebrating the United fans of tomorrow!
And, of course, the programme are still looking for your birthday mentions, photos (high resolution images, please!), special notices and celebrations.