10:00 Here are the headline points from Sir Alex's press conference. And remember, if you have MUTV, switch it on right now to see the manager's press conference in full:
- On the injury front, Sir Alex reveals Ashley Young will miss "maybe two weeks" after limping off against Manchester City. He got "a sore whack on his ankle". Elsewhere, Nemanja Vidic will hopefully start training today, while Chris Smalling has "started running this week". Jonny Evans has trained this week, though, which should help ease any defensive worries.
- Paul Scholes should return to first-team training "on Monday". Sir Alex says he's "been out for a few weeks now and will need a bit of training with us".
- On the Stoke game: "It's always a difficult place to go... but we have a job to do. Stoke have a great support, probably one of the noisiest in the league."
- Sir Alex also reflects on Monday's derby defeat. He maintains "there was nothing between the two teams". City had the better of the first half, he says, while United edged the second.
- On the introduction of goal-line technology to the Premier League in 2013/14: "It had to happen. It's time football caught up."
09:30 The boss has just arrived for his press conference. Updates here in the blog and on the homepage at 10:00 BST. (NC)
08:37 It will be interesting to hear what the boss has to say in the aftermath of Monday's Manchester derby defeat as United have a 12-point