defeated Reading 1-0 last weekend, and will be hoping to avenge the defeat suffered at Southampton back in October. Join Mark Sullivan and Clayton Blackmore on MUTV at 10:45am for build-up to game – KO at 11am. (Paul Hodkinson)
09:50 Here are the main points from this morning's press conference:
* There are no injuries from midweek but Sir Alex will make changes for Monday night's FA Cup tie against Reading. "It's an incentive to get to the quarter-final. Whatever side I pick, I expect to qualify."
* Nothing will be taken for granted against a Reading side in decent form. "In the FA Cup, you always expect the unexpected."
* The centre-back situation involving Jonny Eans, Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic is being managed. "Three days after Everton was a risk," admits the boss regarding Vidic's non-involvement at the Bernabeu while Evans' consistency is praised.
* The manager does not expect goalkeepers to properly mature until their mid-twenties, although there are a few exceptions. Patience is preached for both David De Gea and also midfielder Tom Cleverley who is "an important member of our squad".
* Rotation will be the name of the game for the upcoming fixtures with Reading, QPR, Norwich and Real. "It's not easy to rotate but it has to be done. The biggest responsibility lies with myself in picking the right team."
Thursday 14 February