Manchester United is pleased to announce that discussions have been concluded with the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) after its investigation into the Club's terms and conditions of sale for Season Tickets.
The main elements are:
- The Club will continue to include cup matches in the Season Ticket
- It guarantees all Season Ticket holders a seat for all first team matches played at Old Trafford
- It requires clearer information to enable fans to calculate the minimum and maximum costs of a Season Ticket
- It requires greater information be given to fans as to how and why seat relocation happens at certain cup games
- It provides for a formal appeal procedure if Season Tickets are terminated for non payment of cup matches.
The new information and seat guarantee will be contained in the Invitation to Renew for next season, due to be sent out this week.
United's chief operating officer Michael Bolingbroke said:
“We are very pleased that a Season Ticket will continue to include cup matches. That is central to our strategy and we have made the necessary changes for next season to avoid the situation where holders of One Year Season Tickets were not guaranteed tickets for some cup games. While the number potentially affected was small, we accept that all Season Tickets should come with that guarantee in future.
“Most of the other changes to terms and conditions reflect existing practice, but their inclusion in the terms provides fans with greater reassurance and transparency. This is good news