New season, new ball.
The Nike Maxim ball, which will be used in all 2012/13 Barclays Premier League fixtures, as well as Spain's La Liga and Italy's Serie A, is being touted as "the world's best football". According to Nike, it features design and performance innovation that offers great responsiveness, touch and stable ball flight for accurate passing and striking.
You may have already seen the ball in Nike’s new My Time Is Now campaign, which features a roster of the world’s best players and celebrates the hunger and impatience of young players ready to tear up the rule book to make their mark in football’s elite ranks.
The Maxim features Nike RaDaR (Rapid Decision and Response) technology, a lab and field-tested standard of visual performance that will allow players to see the ball better and capitalise on split-second scoring and passing opportunities.
The bold geometric graphic generates strong visual power with crisp edges for players to pick up on during play. Optimal use of bright colors and sharp contrast allows the ball to be more visible.
1) PU with micro-grooves. A textured casing that stabilises ball flight to increase accuracy and efficiency.
2) Flexible nitrogen-expanded foam gives superior touch and consistent feel in all weather conditions.
3) Responsive rubber stores energy from impact and releases it at launch for power and speed.
4) A layer of polyester support fabric enhances the structure and stability of the ball for durability.
5) Bladder includes six-wing carbon-latex air chamber that provides explosive acceleration off the foot and superior air retention.