Chinese New Year is one of the most celebrated holidays around the world and, for the second year running, United are joining the celebrations.
We’ve launched a celebratory ‘Year of the Dragon’ microsite on our official Chinese website, manutd.com/cny, to engage with the 70 million Reds fans in China and other United fans celebrating Chinese New Year around the globe.
And on Friday the club erected banners on Old Trafford’s East Stand to wish fans a happy Chinese New Year and proclaim ‘Man Lian Jia You!’, a popular chant among Chinese Reds loosely translated as ‘Come on you Reds!’
The microsite features exclusive Year of the Dragon content, including:
– new year messages from the players;
– the chance for fans to share their good luck messages with the players;
– a ‘lucky red envelope’ competition in which fans have the chance to win some unique prizes, such as having their name shown on the perimeter boards around the Old Trafford pitch, a private webchat with a United player and a trip to Old Trafford courtesy of Turkish Airlines and Thomas Cook.
Jonathan Rigby, United’s Head of Marketing, said: "Chinese New Year is a special time for a large
We're celebrating Chinese New Year with a special microsite on our Chinese website that includes:
– A video of first-teamers such as Ji-sung Park and Chris Smalling wishing fans a happy Chinese New Year – in Mandarin!
– Celebratory videos filmed by the 'Reds in Shanghai' fan club.
– A lucky red envelopes competition offering eight unique United prizes.
– Exclusive wallpaper designs which you can send to a friend.
– Features on United and the Year of the Dragon.