When the clocks go back, the balls turn yellow. This weekend, Nike's Maxim Hi-Vis ball will be introduced across Europe’s leading football leagues, with Sir Alex's men due to use it for the first time when the Reds meet Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on Sunday.
The technology behind this season's yellow ball incorporates multiple colours on the surface that blend together to create maximum visual performance and contrast on the pitch. It also features RaDaR (Rapid Decision and Response) technology, a laboratory and field-tested standard of visual performance that allows players to see the ball better and capitalise on split-second scoring and passing opportunities.
Additionally, the Maxim Hi-Vis boasts precision technology to distribute pressure evenly across all panels for a consistent, accurate and powerful strike, no matter where you hit the ball. You can almost hear the goalkeepers groaning!
For more info, visit www.nikestore.com
1) Hand-stitched casing for craftsmanship and durability.
2) Durable, lightweight PU casing with micro-grooves stabilises ball flight to increase efficiency and accuracy.
3) Flexible, supple, cross-linked nitrogen-expanded foam provides superior “touch” and a consistent feel in all weather conditions.
4) Engineered rubber response layer helps store energy from impact and releases it at launch for enhanced power and speed.
5) A layer of polyester support fabric enhances the structure and stability of the ball for long-term performance and durability.