Full-backs Rafael and Fabio have outlined their desire to play for Brazil in the World Cup finals on home soil next year.
The Da Silvas face stiff competition from La Liga duo Marcelo and Dani Alves for places in the Selecao squad. Indeed, neither of the twins were called up for Brazil’s summer Confederations Cup win.
But they’re hopeful a strong season for United, where they have been reunited after Fabio’s loan spell at relegated QPR last season, will keep them in manager Luiz Felipe Scolari’s thoughts.
In an exclusive interview with Inside United, Rafael admitted: "I dream to be there. I will just keep doing my job here and try to play well, and sometime maybe it will happen."
Fabio chipped in: "If it doesn’t, I will be writing a letter! I think my brother is good, but still the manager doesn’t call him.
"I dream as well, but for me I think it’s harder. Last season I had a bad season – well, not a bad season, but the team didn’t do well – and that wasn’t good for me."
November 2013 issue highlights:
– Exclusive double interview with Rafael and Fabio
– Record-breaker Ryan Giggs' best 11 moments in the Champions League
– The story of Reds master-blaster Mark Hughes' brilliant United career
– Ron Atkinson on echoes of his Bryan Robson signing in Marouane Fellaini
– How Wayne Rooney joined Charlton, Law and Rowley in United's 200 club
Subscribe to Inside United at www.manutd.com/magazine