The extracts on this page are taken from selected national newspapers. The views expressed here do not necessarily reflect the views of Manchester United.
Tosic says no to United
Manchester United's January spending plans suffered a setback when wing whiz Zoran Tosic rejected their offer. Red Devils chiefs fought in the courts to get 21-year-old Serb Tosic a work permit. After finally securing the permit, Fergie expected the £3million deal to go through with Partizan Belgrade on New Year's Day. But, after visiting Old Trafford last week to discuss personal terms, Tosic has snubbed the club by demanding more money. Tosic, who has 11 caps and played for Serbia at the Beijing Olympics, said: “United’s offer does not coincide with my demands. But we agreed to stay in touch and I believe that everything will be fine in the end."
Tony Little, The Sun
Most of the national newspapers carry pictures of United's players out on a night out at a London nightclub on Saturday.
The Daily Star says Wayne Rooney and Cristiano Ronaldo could both face bans after allegedly kicking out at opponents against Aalborg and Tottenham respectively.
In The Times, Harry Redknapp says the title is between United or Chelsea, writing off Liverpool and Arsenal's chances.
Times columnist Martin Samuel says Rafael's emergence is bad news for Gary Neville and Wes Brown.