The extracts on this page are taken from selected national newspapers. The views expressed here do not necessarily reflect the views of Manchester United.
Duo quash rumours over future
Manchester United were given a double boost on Sunday with news that Cristiano Ronaldo and Carlos Tevez are both fully committed to the club. Ronaldo was at the centre of this summer's longest-running transfer saga as Real Madrid sought to prise the Portugal international away from United, while Tevez's struggle so far this season to gain a first-team place has fuelled speculation he might seek a move. But both players have indicated they see at least their immediate future at Old Trafford. When asked where he was going to play next season, Ronaldo said in an interview with Spanish newspaper Marca: "Only God knows the future. I insist that I am a Manchester United player and now I think that next year I will continue here. I am with Manchester United body and soul." Argentina forward Tevez is on a two-year loan at Old Trafford which expires next summer.Tevez's long-time adviser Kia Joorabchian has insisted that does not mean he wants to leave. "Carlos Tevez is not going to be sold in January," he said. "He plans to stay until the end of the season and talk to Manchester United then. He has a great relationship with Manchester United. There have been absolutely no conversations with other clubs and there won't be."
Charles Carrick, Daily Telegraph
The paper also reports that United have rejected speculation that they have opened talks with Jose Mourinho about becoming their next manager.
The Daily Mail says Sir Alex Ferguson's latest disciplinary reprieve will be his last. Instead of being charged over a second attack on referees' chief Keith Hackett, Ferguson will have a clear-the-air session with the head of Professional Game Match Officials.
Finally, Rafa Benitez has declared his side as genuine title contenders after they ended Chelsea's long unbeaten home league run.