A summary of some of the main changes to Reserves football ahead of the 2012/2013 season...
* Barclays Under-21 Premier League devised to help bridge gap between Academy and first team and produce more and better homegrown players.
* 17 Premier League clubs and six Championship clubs in the Under-21 League after applying for Category One status.
* After the group stages, three new groups will be created based on performance.
* United must finish in the top three of National Group Two to qualify for the Elite Group. The other groups are Qualification Group Tier One and Qualification Group Tier Two.
* The top three teams from the Elite Group and the winner of a play-off between the two Qualification Group victors will contest the semi-finals.
* Three over-aged outfield players and one over-aged goalkeeper are allowed for matches in the Under-21 League.
* At least two Under-21 matches must be at the main ground of each club and the play-offs, semi-finals and final must also be played at the main ground of the home clubs.