SUPPORTERS' CODE OF CONDUCT
The UK Government have set out a roadmap out of the current lockdown for England in their COVID-19 Response plan. Within that, it includes the possibility that fans may be able to return in limited numbers by the earliest of 17 May. Until then, games at Old Trafford will continue to take place behind closed doors. Please note that this information is subject to change depending on government guidelines and restrictions.
The purpose of this Code of Conduct is to reduce the risk of COVID-19 being spread when fans attend Old Trafford. It is everyone’s responsibility to protect themselves and others. Remember to always act in ways which reduce the risk of exposure and transmission of the virus.
This Code of Conduct must be read and adhered to by everyone attending matches played at Old Trafford until further notice. It applies in addition to the relevant Terms and Conditions, Club Sanctions and Ground Regulations which are all available to view at manutd.com/terms. This Code of Conduct may be updated at any time as the situation changes and should be read each time you plan to visit Old Trafford.
Should you attend?
1. International travel restrictions will apply. While ballot applications can be received from fans in any address, only fans whose address is registered in an eligible area under the government’s requirements at the time of the match will be able to attend. Any fan whose address remains in a travel restricted area at the time of the game will not be allocated tickets from any ballot to ensure we comply with guidance
2. Everyone must consider their health, age, and clinical vulnerability before deciding to attend. Visit nhs.uk for guidance
3. You should not attend matches being played at Old Trafford if applicable government guidance prevents you doing do. You should not attend if:
a) you are required to self-isolate or shield under government guidance
b) you (or any members of your household/social bubble) experience COVID-19 symptoms on the day, or within 10 days, of the match
c) you are required to quarantine under government travel guidance
4. You will receive a health questionnaire via email. You must return a completed questionnaire by 48 hours of the match. Any changes to your answers must be communicated to the club prior to each match. Failure to do so may result in you being suspended from ballots for future matches where capacity is restricted
5. If you cannot attend for the reasons set out above please contact 0161 676 7770
6. Inconsiderate, reckless or anti-social behaviour by anyone visiting Old Trafford will not be tolerated
7. Please respect those working at Old Trafford. You must always follow signage and instructions issued by our staff. If you have any concerns please contact your nearest steward
8. Manchester United is co-operating with the NHS Test and Trace system. Your information will be shared with NHS Test and Trace as necessary. All fans are encouraged to download the NHS COVID-19 app and check-in at the stadium, and this will be compulsory if you plan to purchase food or drink. QR codes will be available at each outlet, and if you don’t have a smartphone, you will be asked to enter your details manually
9. Fans aged 11 and over must wear a face covering when in the stadium, except when eating and drinking. Fans must also wear face coverings immediately outside the stadium, in car parks and forecourt areas. Government exemptions to wearing a face covering apply – checks may be carried out by club staff
10. Social distancing is a key way to control the spread of the virus. You must comply with social distancing at all times. Be aware of the people around you and give them space 11. There will be restrictions on how to move around the stadium and all instructions must be followed
12. If you feel unwell, particularly with a cough or temperature, contact your nearest steward immediately
13. Maintain good hand hygiene and avoid touching your face whenever possible. There will be sanitiser dispensers provided. If you touch any common areas (for example hand rails) please sanitise your hands immediately
14. Observe good respiratory etiquette at all time – cover your mouth to cough or sneeze
15. You should make every effort to reduce the risk of airborne transmission of the virus especially in moments of excitement
16. It is important to avoid physical contact with other people
17. Do not approach anyone (inside or outside the stadium) to sign autographs or pose for photographs
18. All payments at the stadium will be cashless (contactless where possible)
Arrival at the Stadium
19. You may undergo a temperature check before being allowed to enter the stadium. A reading of 37.8°C and above means you will not be permitted entry - you must respect that decision
20. You must enter the stadium within the timeframe we communicate to you and this may be significantly earlier than kick-off time. Entry may be refused if you seek entry outside of this time period
21. Only named attendees will be permitted entry and fans aged 16 and over must be able to confirm this with official photo ID (eg. driving licence, passport)
22. You should go straight to your seat (or hospitality facility) when you enter the stadium. Please do not congregate on the concourses
23. We do not anticipate food and drink kiosks being open inside the stadium. There will be concessions outside the stadium which will be open. You may bring food and non-alcoholic drinks into the stadium but you must comply with the bag policy which can be seen at manutd.com/bags. Food and drink items must be carried in a clear plastic bag. Plastic bottles must be no bigger than 500ml and lids will be removed. No cans or glass bottles will be allowed. Small bottles of sanitiser (max. 50ml) will be permitted
24. There will be spare seats around you but to comply with social distancing measures you must stay in the seat allocated to you
25. When you need to pass another spectator on the same row (in order to access or leave a seat) you must have the courtesy to turn your back as you pass, in order to avoid close face-to-face contact
26. COVID-security requires that everyone must remain seated whilst watching the game. Anyone standing persistently will be ejected
27. If the ball leaves the field of play please do not throw it back onto the pitch and try to avoid touching it. A member of staff will come to collect the ball
28. Attendees will be able to exit the stadium at any point up until the final whistle
29. At the final whistle fans will be asked to remain in their seats while we control exit by row and by section. Re-entry to hospitality areas will also be controlled
Thank you in advance for your co-operation.