Ahead of the government review of the existing COVID-19 Tier structure next week, we continue to work hard to prepare a safe environment to welcome fans to Leigh Sports Village. If Greater Manchester (including Wigan) moves into Tier 2, there will be a short turnaround between any announcement, subsequent approval from local authorities, and the Manchester United Women vs Bristol City Women match on Sunday 20th December.
Going to matches will be different this season under current circumstances and health guidelines, so we want you to know what to expect.
These new arrangements have been put in place to enable us to maximise the number of fans who can attend games, while keeping you, and your fellow fans, as safe as possible. Abiding by the new Leigh Sports Village Supporters’ Code of Conduct will give us the best chance of being able to build crowds back up to a greater capacity again.
We are aware that we’re asking a lot of you in terms of the changes you need to make to your match day routine. In return, Manchester United and Leigh Sports Village’s commitments to you are:
- to provide facilities for you to maintain suitable COVID hygiene
- to use your data responsibly in order to facilitate NHS Test and Trace procedures
- to provide clear communication on decisions and processes
- to allocate tickets for matches where there is reduced capacity in a fair and equitable way
Your commitments to other fans
We all have a duty of care to each other. When football reopens for fans let us keep it that way by doing our bit to keep coronavirus under control. We ask you:
- to plan ahead and arrive at the stadium in plenty of time prior to kick-off
- to wear a face covering except when eating or drinking (government exemptions apply)
- to sanitise your hands regularly
- to abide by social distancing rules
- to be responsible and to respect other fans and Leigh Sports Village staff
Due to the ongoing pandemic, supporters could be prevented from attending matches at very short notice. Supporters should therefore be advised that any transport or accommodation costs they incur in attending the stadium in future are incurred at their own risk, and will not be reimbursed if supporters are refused admittance at short notice.
We look forward to being REUNITED as we welcome you to Leigh Sports Village.
- For the latest Government advice - https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
- For NHS information - https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
- For Wigan Council - https://www.wigan.gov.uk/Resident/Crime-Emergencies/Coronavirus/Coronavirus-update-and-advice.aspx
- For Leigh Sports Village Stadium Ground Regulations - https://www.leighsportsvillage.co.uk/ground-regulations/
- For Leigh Sports Village Stadium Information - https://www.leighsportsvillage.co.uk/plan-your-visit/