TICKETING ALLOCATION INFORMATION
Ahead of the government review of the existing COVID-19 Tier structure later this month, we continue to work hard to prepare a safe environment for fans to return to Old Trafford. If Greater Manchester moves into Tier 2, there will be a short turnaround between any announcement, subsequent approval from local authorities, and potential home games. For match specific application criteria and dates, please visit manutd.com/sthub.
In any potential applications, fans will be asked to choose a seating preference and we anticipate that seats will initially be available in parts of North Stand Tier 1 and West Stand Tier 1. As we are unable to offer the usual choice of seating location, tickets will all be priced at £30 for adults, £10 for under 16s and £15 for those aged under 21 or over 65. Please note that once we are able to permit more than 2,000 supporters, usual pricing will be applied.
For full information please visit manutd.com/sthub.
- We have been advised that all ticketing for 2020/21 will need to be digital/contactless. Therefore, if successful, supporters will be sent a digital match ticket which will need to be used to gain entry.
Executive Club Members should visit the relevant section for bespoke information about the match day experience and processes that will be in place.
Specific matchday information
- Fans will be given a designated arrival time slot with their digital match ticket, to help minimise queuing. This may be earlier than you are used to arriving for the game so please be aware of this and plan your travel accordingly
- It must be the named ticket holder who attends the match, and adults must be able to provide ID
- It will not be possible to part-cancel any bookings, due to the requirement to facilitate social distancing; if you need to discuss cancellation of an entire booking please call 0161 676 7770
- Please click here to read about facilities in place, as well as additional safety & security measures