Aeroflot, Manchester United’s Official Carrier, have provided support to those most at need during the coronavirus pandemic, with a number of charitable causes and initiatives:
Demand for cargo flights increased considerably as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, particularly for humanitarian deliveries; medical equipment, medicines and PPE. Aeroflot re-equipped some of their fleet to be able to carry cargo to help meet that extra demand. Data from Reuters shows that Aeroflot was the world leader in terms of cargo traffic growth in the first quarter of 2020.
Aeroflot continue to operate regular flights on domestic routes, as well as repatriation flights. All flights comply with strict hygiene and safety requirements. Aircrafts have state-of-the-art air circulation systems, which use a high-efficiency (HEPA) filter to circulate the air and remove 99.98 per cent of airborne particles.
The measures outlined below have been temporarily introduced to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and will be gradually eased with an eventual return to regular in-flight procedures:
- Passengers will be required to board the plane wearing facemasks and gloves, and must wear them for the duration of the flight.
- Passengers must replace masks with fresh ones every three hours while aboard. If needed, cabin crew will provide facemasks.
- While boarding and deplaning, passengers must observe recommended social distancing of 1.5-2 meters.
- Passengers will have their temperature checked as part of the boarding process. Passengers with a temperature over 37 degrees Celsius will not be permitted to board.
- Prior to boarding, passengers will be offered hand sanitiser.
- Throughout the flight, passengers must store their outerwear in overhead bins.
- Passengers must keep their seatbelts fastened during the entire flight.
- Passengers are allowed to leave their seats only in order to use the lavatories.
- Lavatories will be regularly disinfected during the flight.
- Changes have been made to the in-flight meal service. Food is now offered either in individually wrapped packages or following heating onboard. Cold drinks are offered individually wrapped. Passengers are allowed to bring their own food and drinks, including baby food, providing they are in unopened, sealed packaging.
- Aeroflot’s ground crew and cabin crew have undergone additional training enabling them to respond appropriately in the event a passenger demonstrates respiratory problems during a flight.
- Aeroflot’s aircraft are equipped with antiseptic wipes, disinfectant sprays, gloves and masks. Cabin crew are required to wear gloves and masks.