Matchday & Events Vacancy: Culinary Team
Job Title: Culinary Team
Job Type: Matchday Casual
Salary: Not disclosed
Manchester United is one of the leading football clubs in world football; we have won 20 league titles, have been FIFA Club World Cup Champions, and have won three European Cups which have resulted in us having one of the strongest brand names in sport. As a result of these successes on the pitch we are now seeking the right individuals to continue these high standards and growth off the pitch.
At Manchester United we know how to put on the best show in world football. Back in 1966 we became the first Club anywhere to introduce executive boxes and since then our hospitality standards and experience have grown with our list of honours.
The Club currently has 26 suites and 180 boxes which can cater for a variety of needs. This includes the newly developed East Stand boxes with private balconies and optional dining facilities, the extraordinary Centennial Club suites which ooze luxury and style, to fine dining in the beautifully set Gallery suite.
This role will vary depending on relevant experience and skills. The main focus is to support Lead Chefs and Sous Chefs and provide world class catering for our executive clients dining within the hospitality areas. Duties may involve preparing, cooking and serving food to clients across the stadium on a Match Day.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate sound personal qualities such as; strong effective communication skills, self-motivation with passion for the job. You must have the stamina to be able cope in a highly pressurized environment, showing you are able to remain working closely within a team. The ability to multi-task is a necessity, whilst being organised and methodical.
A commitment to driving forwards continuous improvement in your working environment will be anticipated, exhibiting pride in performance and possess high standards in the provision of service to all of Manchester United’s executive clients and also internal users.
As far as possible each Commis/Chef de Partie is allocated to work in the same kitchen for each game. However business demands may require you to relocate to another area for any Match Day or Event.
• Assist in the production, preparation and cooking of food for areas within the stadium
• Support the Kitchen Supervisor in order to maintain a smooth operation
• Prepare food according to a set specification sheet
• Ensure all aspects of food production processes are presented to the highest of standards
• Assist in stock control, portion control and quality control
• Contribute in carrying out a critical analysis of food safety operations
• Complete set paperwork applicable to the operation on a daily basis
• Assist the Environmental Health Manager in pursuance of Health and Safety conformance
• Aid when necessary with risk assessments and accident reporting
• Maintain a high level of personal hygiene and to ensure that correct clean uniform and personal protective equipment are worn at all times
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and guidance
• Report and record any service or maintenance issues with any kitchen paperwork queries to your Kitchen Manager
• Ensuring a deep clean is conducted in your area of work at the end of your shift, whilst maintaining cleanliness of kitchens throughout
• Inform your Kitchen Manager of all food wastage
• Subject to Match Day performance review by the Staffing Department
• Be committed to the success of the Football Club, by delivering Manchester United’s Visions and Values
• To adhere to and help enforce all Health and Safety standards, company rules, regulations and policies at all times
• An NVQ Level 2 in food preparation or similar qualification
• A Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
• Work experience in a similar kitchen environment
Candidates must have a valid, in-date basic food hygiene certificate.
Identify and meet the needs of colleagues and our customers, focusing on initiating and welcoming contact and communication whilst striving to deliver first class customer service.
Recognise potential complaint situations and make effective steps to avoid and / or resolve these situations.
To undertake any necessary internal training sessions in accordance with the Company’s Performance and Development Process and to take personal responsibility to seek opportunities to develop yourself and to realise your own potential. To assist with the provision of the training and development of colleagues as required.
Ensure effective communication within your work team and actively offer support and guidance as necessary.
Security / Stock Control
Ensure compliance with all of the Company’s security, stock control, loss prevention and key holder procedures.
Equal Opportunities and Harassment
Ensure understanding, awareness and compliance with the Company’s Equal Opportunities and Harassment Policies.
Health and Safety
Ensure understanding, awareness and compliance at all times with Company Health, Safety and Environmental Policy.
'Manchester United Limited is an equal opportunities employer and recognises the importance of safeguarding children and vulnerable adults in our work place.’
This is a guide only. The casual worker must undertake any other duties as may be reasonably assigned by Senior and other Executive Management from time to time.