Matchday & Events Current Vacancies
Job Title: Museum Assistant
Reports to: Museum Management Team
Department: Museum & Tour
Job Type: Casual
Location: Old Trafford Stadium
To undertake Stadium tours and inform guests of the history of, and interesting facts relating to Manchester United and the stadium with a positive attitude. Tours are for both internal and external guests, and the Tour Guide is at all times a representative of the Club. Having a working knowledge of the Museum exhibits and exhibitions is also required.
• To carry out the tour in accordance with the Company’s procedures using the script provided as a guideline and answering questions in line with Company policy, all within set time frames
• To ensure the security of Tour attendees at all times, as well as the security of the Stadium
• To deliver the highest standards of customer service to all our guests, all the time, acknowledging the variety of languages and cultures that make up our visitor numbers
• To engage with guests regarding the exhibits and exhibitions as they pass through the museum
• To help supervise the flow of visitors in the Museum.
• To utilise MMG’s throughout the Tours
• To deliver talks to members of the public about various topics linked to Manchester United.
• To ensure the Museum is perfectly presentable, clean and tidy at all times
• Understanding and responding to the ebb and flow of the patterns of business within the Museum
• To upsell all ancillary museum products and cross sell other Venue related products.
• Any other duties as reasonably requested by a manager
• Confident and professional presentation style in front of groups
• Ability to read the differences in different groups of people and adapt the tour accordingly
• Exemplary customer service skills gained within customer focused environments
• High standards of personal presentation
• Evolving knowledge of the History of Manchester United
• Proven ability to manage under pressure
• Self-motivated and ability to work independently or as part of a team as required
• Basic levels of English and maths
‘Manchester United Limited is an equal opportunities employer and recognises the importance of safeguarding children and vulnerable adults in our workplace.’
This document is a guide only. The casual worker must undertake any other duties as may be reasonably assigned by Senior and other Executive Management from time to time.