TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Win the football weekend of your dreams in Manchester Prize Draw
1. Manchester United Football Club Limited (“MU”) (whose registered office is Old Trafford, Sir Matt Busby Way, Manchester M16 0RA (the “Stadium”)) is the promoter of the Win the football weekend of your dreams in Manchester prize draw (the “Prize Draw”). The Prize draw is sponsored by Melitta Group Management GmbH & Co. KG, Marienstr. 88, 32425 Minden, Germany (“Melitta”).
2. By entering the Prize Draw entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (“Conditions”) and confirm that all information submitted is true, accurate and complete. MU reserves the right to verify the eligibility of any and all entrants and may, in its sole discretion, disqualify any entrant that fails to satisfy the eligibility requirements. Entrants shall at all times act in good faith towards MU and the Prize Draw.
3. Employees of MU and Melitta and/or any of their associated companies or subsidiaries (and their families) are excluded from entering the Prize Draw.
4. The Prize Draw is open to entrants aged 18 years or over at the date of entry.
5. Entry into the Prize Draw is free (except for any applicable data usage charges) and on the basis of one entry per person.
6. In order to enter the Prize Draw and to be considered for the Prize, entrants must complete the relevant data entry fields for the Prize Draw:
i. through the competition form available at www.Manchesterunited.com/melitta-fan-competition; or
ii. via any other method of entry which MU makes available.
7. The Prize Draw will close at 23:59 GMT on Saturday 29th February 2020 (the "Closing Date"). Any entries received after the Closing Date will not be entered into the Prize Draw. The Prize Draw will take place as soon as reasonably practicable following the Closing Date.
8. The prize will consist of the following for each Winner and their guest, and will take place on dates around the Premier League game between Manchester United and Sheffield United (the current expected dates are 21st/22nd March 2020 however final dates will be confirmed by Manchester United as match dates remain subject to change – travel dates may therefore vary accordingly):
a) return transportation (standard class) to Manchester, including economy class flights to Manchester for Winners located outside of the UK (to be agreed by MU and the Winner) (in the event the parties cannot agree, MU will make a decision);
b) transportation (standard class) to and from the Stadium and to and from the Manchester United training session (to be agreed by MU and the Winner) (in the event the parties cannot agree, MU will make a decision);
c) a football training session with an MU Soccer School coach (such coach to be subject to MU’s discretion);
d) the opportunity to watch a Manchester United training session;
e) A tour of the Stadium ;
f) two standard general admission tickets (one for the Winner and one for their guest) to the Manchester United v Sheffield United first team home game, expected to be held in the Stadium on 21 March 2020 (subject to any fixture change);
g) a hotel in Manchester city centre for 2 nights for the Winner and their guest (based on two adults sharing a double or twin room on a room only basis) (such hotel to be chosen by MU); and
h) lunch at the Red Café supported by Melitta, including a ‘meet and greet’ with a former Manchester United player (identity of the former player will be at MU’s choice).
9. Each Winner and their respective guest will be required to comply with any policies, procedures, terms, conditions, instructions and reasonable requirements of MU which are in place at the Stadium and any of MU’s facilities. These include but are not limited to: The Match Ticket Terms and Conditions and the Museum and Stadium Tour Terms and Conditions (available on request from Ticketing & Membership Services and at www.manutd.com/termsandconditions).
10. MU reserves the right to substitute the Prize with another of a similar nature at any time. Any ancillary costs and expenses associated with the Prize, such as subsistence, will not be provided by MU and must be borne by the Winner and their guest.
11. The Prize is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
12. There will be ten (10) Winners of this Prize Draw. One winner will be selected from each of the following regions: USA/Canada, Brazil, Japan, China, Germany, Switzerland/Austria, France, Belgium/Netherlands, United Kingdom and Sweden/Denmark. The winner will be the first person selected at random from all valid entries from each region received on or before the Closing Date in each of the above countries (each a “Winner” and together the "Winners"). Each Winner will receive the Prize.
13. Only the Winners will receive notification from MU. The Winners will be notified by email as soon as practicable after the Closing Date. Following the draw, MU will be in contact with the Winners about the Prize.
14. The Winners will be required to give their consent to the Winner’s surname and country to be disclosed to any person requesting that MU confirms the identity of the Winners. The Winners may raise any concerns regarding this paragraph 14 with MU.
15. If MU cannot successfully contact a Winner within 48 hours of the Closing Date, or if a Winner is unable or unwilling to accept the Prize, or if a Winner does not meet the eligibility requirements, subsequent draws will take place until a new winner is found who is able, willing and eligible to accept the Prize. This new winner shall be deemed to be the Winner for the purposes of these Conditions.
16. Subject to paragraphs 14 and 15 above, details of the Winners will be made available to the public upon request from Manchester United Football Club Limited, Sir Matt Busby Way, Old Trafford, Manchester M16 0RA two weeks after the Closing Date (subject to data protection legislation).
17. MU reserves the right to cancel or amend the Prize Draw or these Conditions without notice when reasonably necessary for the purpose of administering the Prize Draw.
18. The Prize Draw, together with these Conditions, is governed by the laws of England and Wales and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.