TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Manchester United x United Direct 3rd Shirt Launch Competition - Prize Draw
1. Manchester United Football Club Limited (“MU”) (whose registered office is Old Trafford, Sir Matt Busby Way, Manchester M16 0RA (the “Stadium”)) is the promoter of the Manchester United x United Direct 3rd Shirt Launch Competition prize draw (the “Prize Draw”).
2. By entering the Prize Draw you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (“Conditions”) and confirm that all information submitted is true, accurate and complete. MU reserves the right to verify the eligibility of any and all entrants and may, in its sole discretion, disqualify any entrant that fails to satisfy the eligibility requirements. You shall at all times act in good faith towards MU and the Prize Draw.
3. Employees of MU and/or any of their associated companies or subsidiaries (and their families) are excluded from entering the Prize Draw.
4. Entry into the Prize Draw is free (except for any applicable data usage charges) and on the basis of one entry per person.
5. Entrants must be 18 or over to enter this Prize Draw. This Prize Draw is open to entrants globally.
How to enter
6. In order to enter the Prize Draw and to be considered for the Prize, entrants must purchase a Manchester United season 2022/23 3rd shirt from United Direct (https://store4.manutd.com/en/) and also must complete the relevant data entry fields for the Prize Draw on the competition entry page (“Entry”) by clicking on the Prize Draw entry link available:
(i) via email;
(ii) via www.manutd.com;
(iii) on the official Manchester United accounts on the following social media platforms: (a) Facebook; (b) Twitter; (c) Instagram; (d) Wechat; (e) Sina Weibo; (f) Tencent Weibo; or
(iv) via any other method of entry which MU makes available. *
* If you enter this Prize Draw via a link sent to you in a Manchester United email, please note that this link is exclusive to you. Any further entries made using this link will be invalid and will be excluded from the Prize Draw. The email address you input when entering the Prize Draw via the link must match the email address to which the Manchester United email was sent.
7. Please note that any Entry that is deemed by MU (at its sole discretion) to be offensive, inflammatory and/or inappropriate will be automatically disqualified and removed from the Prize Draw.
8. The Prize Draw will close at 23:59 BST on 31 August 2022(the "Closing Date") and any entries received after the Closing Date will not be entered into the Prize Draw. The Prize Draw will take place as soon as reasonably practicable following the Closing Date.
9. There are various prizes available as set out in the table below (each a “Prize”). Each Prize is subject to paragraphs 10 to 14 (inclusive) below.
Matchday hospitality tickets for the Winner and 3 guests for a match to be held at Old Trafford Stadium (such match to be determined by MU).
Number of Winners - 1
£50 voucher for use on United Direct (subject to any voucher terms and conditions)
Number of Winners - 100
10. MU reserves the right to substitute the Prize with another of a similar nature at any time.
11. Except as otherwise expressly set out above in these Conditions, any ancillary costs and expenses that are not included as part of the Prize (including, without limitation, all travel, subsistence, accommodation, travel documents (i.e., passports and/or visas and/or travel insurance) will not be provided by MU and must be borne by the Winner and/or their guests.
12. The timing of fulfilment of the Prize and/or any element of the Prize will be subject to any ongoing developments in respect of COVID-19 including, and any changes in Legislation, national government guidance and Manchester United policies/procedures in respect of COVID-19. If for any reason any aspect of this Prize Draw and/or any aspect of the Prize is not capable of running as planned (including as a result of any reason arising from or in connection with COVID-19 or any cause beyond the control of MU) MU may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Prize Draw and/or the applicable element of the Prize.
13. The Winner and their guests will be required to comply with any policies, procedures, terms, conditions, instructions and reasonable requirements of MU which are in place at the Stadium and/or the training ground, and which apply to the use of the facilities at the Stadium and the training ground and attendance at the Match. These include, but are not limited to: (i) MU’s Matchday Hospitality ticket Terms and Conditions, and the Ground Regulations) which are available on request from Ticketing & Membership Services or at www.manutd.com/termsandconditions (as may be updated by MU from time to time); and (ii) and the Supporter’s Code of Conduct (located at https://www.manutd.com/en/Reunited/Code-of-Conduct) (as may be updated by MU from time to time).
14. The Prize is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
15. The winner of the Main Prize will be the first person selected at random from all valid entries received on or before the Closing Date, following which the winners of each Runner-Up Prize will be selected at random from all valid entries (each a “Winner” and together the “Winners”).
16. Only the Winners will receive notification from MU. The Winners will be notified by email as soon as practicable after the Closing Date. Following the draw, MU will contact the Winners to make arrangements for the Prize.
17. The Winners will be required to give their consent to their surname and country (or county if they are UK residents) to be disclosed to any person requesting that MU confirms the identity of the Winners, or for promotional purposes. A Winner may raise any concerns regarding this paragraph with MU.
18. MU will make reasonable efforts to contact each Winner via email after the Closing Date. If a Winner does not claim their Prize within 14 days of MU making contact with that Winner or if a Winner is unable or unwilling to accept the Prize, or if a Winner does not meet the eligibility requirements, subsequent draws will take place until a new winner is found who is able, willing and eligible to accept the Prize.
19. Subject to paragraph 17 above, details of each of the Winners’ surname and country (or county if they are UK residents) will be made available to the public upon request from Manchester United Football Club Limited, Sir Matt Busby Way, Old Trafford, Manchester M16 0RA two weeks after the Closing Date (subject to data protection legislation).
20. MU and any of their associated agencies and companies, will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate a Winner or accept any liability for any loss, expense or damage, which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Prize Draw or accepting or using the Prize, or an element of the Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. Nothing will exclude MU’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence. Your statutory rights are not affected.
21. MU reserves the right to cancel or amend the Prize Draw or these Conditions without notice when reasonably necessary for the purpose of administering the Prize Draw.
22. The Prize Draw, together with these Conditions, is governed by the laws of England and Wales and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.