PRIZE DRAW TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Win a VIP matchday experience Prize Draw
1. Manchester United Football Club Limited (“MU”) (whose registered office is Old Trafford, Sir Matt Busby Way, Manchester M16 0RA) is the promoter of the “Win a VIP matchday experience prize draw” (the “Prize Draw”).
2. By entering the Prize Draw entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (“Conditions”) and confirm that all information submitted is true, accurate and complete. MU reserves the right to verify the eligibility of any and all entrants and may, in its sole discretion, disqualify any entrant that fails to satisfy the eligibility requirements. Entrants shall at all times act in good faith towards MU and the Prize Draw.
3. Employees of MU or any of its associated companies or subsidiaries (and their families) are excluded from entering the Prize Draw.
4. The Prize Draw is open to entrants aged 18 years or over at the date of entry.
5. Entry into the Prize Draw is free (except for any applicable data usage charges) and on the basis of one entry per person.
6. In order to enter the Prize Draw and to be considered for the Prize, entrants must complete the relevant data entry fields for the Prize Draw:
i. through the “Competition” application;
ii. via Ticket Alerts (wayin.com)
iii. on the official Manchester United accounts on the following social media platforms: (a) Facebook; (b) Twitter; (c) Instagram; or
iv. via any other method of entry which MU makes available.
7. The Prize Draw will close at 17:00 GMT on Friday 31 December 2021 (the "Closing Date") and any entries received after the Closing Date will not be entered into the Prize Draw. The Prize Draw will take place as soon as reasonably practicable following the Closing Date.
8. Subject to paragraphs 9,10, 11 and 12 the prize will consist of two match day VIP tickets to a Manchester United first team Premier League home game at Old Trafford (excluding Premier League games against Manchester City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Tottenham) during the Premier League season 2021/2022 (the “Prize”).
9. The choice of game and the hospitality suite will be chosen by MU, at MU’s discretion, and will be subject to availability.
10. The Prize is also subject to any restrictions, requirements and/or Government guidance in respect of COVID-19 (such as, a requirement to play football matches behind closed doors) which MU may have in place or which MU may be required to comply with.
11. The Match Day VIP tickets shall include Complimentary house bar, including spirits, beer, wine & soft drinks, a four course a la carte menu, arrival champagne and canapés, and post-match snacks.
12. Except as otherwise expressly set out above in these Conditions, any ancillary costs and expenses that are not included as part of the Prize (such as subsistence, travel to and from the United Kingdom (if applicable) and, to and from the Stadium, any personal expenses, accommodation costs and/or travel insurance or such other insurance as the Winners and/or their guests may require) will not be provided by MU and must be borne by the Winners and their guests.
13. If a Winner is required to travel to the UK to use their Prize, they will be responsible for: (i) ensuring that they hold valid passports, any necessary visas and any travel documents; and (ii) ensuring compliance with any requirements set by the UK Government regarding travel and/or entry into the UK in respect of COVID-19 or otherwise.
14. The Winner and their guest will be required to comply with any policies, procedures, terms, conditions, instructions, codes of conduct and reasonable requirements of MU which are in place at the Stadium (including, but not limited to, the Matchday VIP hospitality terms and conditions 2021/22 which will be available on request from Ticketing & Membership Services and at www.manutd.com/termsandconditions).
15. MU reserves the right to substitute the Prize with another of a similar nature at any time.
16. The Prize is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
17. If for any reason any aspect of the Prize is not capable of being fulfilled, (including as a result of any reason arising from or in connection with COVID-19 or any cause beyond the control of MU) MU may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Prize Draw and/or Prize. If the Prize cannot be fulfilled during season 21/22, MU shall try and accommodate the Prize during season 2022/23 but, MU shall have no liability to the Winner if the Prize cannot be fulfilled during season 2021/22 or 2022/23.
18. MU shall not be liable to a Winner or their guest if this Prize Draw or Prize cannot be fulfilled due to events beyond MU’s reasonable control. Personal arrangements and expenditure, including travel, accommodation and other costs and expenses incurred by a Winner in connection with the Prize are arranged by a Winner at the Winner’s own risk, and MU shall not be responsible or liable to a Winner or their guest for any wasted or unrecoverable costs or expenditure in relation to such personal arrangements, even if caused as a result of the cancellation, termination, modification or suspension of the Prize or the match to which the Prize relates.
19. MU shall not accept any responsibility if a Winner is unable to take up the Prize for any reason including any travel restrictions in respect of COVID-19.
20. There will be three winners of this Prize Draw. Each of the winners will receive the Prize. The winners will be the first three (3) people selected at random from all valid entries received on or before the Closing Date (each a “Winner” and together the “Winners”).
21. Only the Winners will receive notification from MU. The Winners will be notified by email as soon as practicable after the Closing Date. Following the draw, the Prizes will be posted to the Winners.
22. MU will make reasonable efforts to contact each Winner via email after the Closing Date. If a Winner does not claim their Prize within 14 days of MU making contact with a Winner or if a Winner is unable or unwilling to accept the Prize, or if a Winner does not meet the eligibility requirements, subsequent draws will take place until a new winner is found who is able, willing and eligible to accept the Prize.
23. The Winners will be required to give their consent to the relevant Winner’s name and county to be disclosed to any person requesting that MU confirms the identity of the Winners, and for promotional purposes. A Winner may raise any concerns regarding this paragraph with MU.
24. Subject to paragraph 23 above, details of each of the Winner’s surname and county will be made available to the public upon request from Manchester United Football Club Limited, Sir Matt Busby Way, Old Trafford, Manchester M16 0RA two weeks after the Closing Date (subject to data protection legislation).
25. MU reserves the right to cancel or amend the Prize Draw or these Conditions without notice when reasonably necessary for the purpose of administering the Prize Draw.
26. The Prize Draw, together with these Conditions, is governed by the laws of England and Wales and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.