Fans wanted for 2023 Munich pilgrimage
The Manchester Munich Memorial Foundation (MMMF), in association with Manchester United Football Club, wishes to announce the opening of the process for the nomination and selection of the two fan representatives to play a lead role at the annual memorial ceremony in Manchesterplatz, Trudering-Riem, Munich, Germany.
The nomination process for taking part in the February 2023 ceremony in Munich is now open and closes on Friday 28 October 2022.
This is a very special opportunity to play a key part in the memorial service. To qualify:
1. You must never have been to the memorial site(s) at Trudering, Munich before.
2. You must bring a child or grandchild (under 18) with you.
3. Or, if you are under 18, you must bring a parent or grandparent with you.
You will be required to:
1. Read out the names of the 23 souls who lost their lives as a result of the Munich Air Disaster (provided).
2. Lay the fans’ wreath (provided) on behalf of all United fans.
The following expenses for this pilgrimage will be covered:
1. Return flights to Munich (5-7 February).
2. Two nights' hotel accommodation in Munich (5-6 February).
The event has been generously sponsored by Headley Media Ltd, and trustees and members of the MMMF charity will be present to accompany you throughout the duration of your pilgrimage.
To apply, simply email the following information (in full please) to the email address below:
1. Your name and age.
2. Your address.
3. Your child/grandchild's name and their age.
4. If you are the applicant and you are under 18, please provide the name of the parent/grandparent accompanying you.
5. Confirmation that you have never been to the memorial service before.
The draw will take place on Friday 11 November 2022 at the annual MMMF fundraising dinner, being held at the Manchester Suite, Old Trafford, Manchester United Football Club.
The result of the draw will be filmed/published via the foundation's website and its social media platforms. Manchester United will also announce the result throughout its various media outlets shortly afterwards.
We would like to wish the very best of luck to everyone who enters.