Bag Restrictions & Prohibited Items
Manchester United takes the safety of our supporters extremely seriously. Working in partnership with key stakeholders including Greater Manchester Police, we constantly review our safety and security procedures to help ensure the safety of all supporters, visitors and staff at Old Trafford.
MATCHDAY SEARCH PROCEDURE
Since the start of the 17/18 season, we have enhanced our searches of supporters at the turnstiles. This means that the searches may take longer and as a result it is likely that queues will also be longer however we do all we can to keep things moving. We have also restricted the size of bags allowed.
Because of the above changes, we recommend the following so that you are able to get into the stadium before kick-off:
- Arrive at Old Trafford and get to your turnstile at least an hour before the start of the match (turnstiles will still open 2 hours before kick-off)
- Do not bring a bag larger than 20cm x 15cm x 5cm (8” x 6” x 2”) with you to the match; this equates to a small handbag
All bags will be searched and items larger than the size criteria must be left at one of the ‘Bag Drop’ facilities (see map below), which are located in E2 car park (including one specifically for away supporters), N2 car park, the back of W2 car park and one by the Manchester United Foundation building on Sir Matt Busby Way.
There is a £5 charge to leave an item with us in a ‘Bag Drop’, with all profits going to Manchester United Foundation to support their work using football to engage and inspire young people across Greater Manchester to create a better life for themselves and the communities in which they live.
Bringing a bag will further delay your entry to the stadium (and will delay your departure after the game if you have to use a ‘Bag Drop’) and we therefore encourage you not to bring any bags or prohibited items to the stadium (if you have to bring a bag, we recommend you arrive at least 2 hours before kick-off). Please do not be alarmed by the extra security measures - they are to ensure your time at Old Trafford is as safe as possible.
Your health and safety and that of others is paramount to us.
What CAN I bring into the Stadium?
- Small compact cameras, which must be able to fit in a pocket
- Small fold up umbrellas
- Small clutch bags with dimensions or: 8 x 6 x 2 inches, or A5 or smaller
- Non offensive flags or banners 2m x 1m or less. They must not include sticks or poles and must meet fire regulations
- Clear plastic bottles of water 500ml or less, with the top removed
- Megastore purchases in Megastore carrier bags
- Crutches and walking aids. In order for us to ensure that your visit is as safe and smooth as possible, and your seats are suitable for your needs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to attending the game
What CAN’T I bring into the Stadium?
- Smoke or gas canisters
- Water in excess of 500ml
- Dark plastic bottles and/or dark liquid
- Baby buggies or prams
- Air horns
- Solid containers or flasks
- Poles or sticks
- Fireworks or flares
- Large bags or suitcases
- Umbrellas (except small fold up umbrellas)
- Flags or banners larger than 2m x 1m or of an offensive nature
- Knives or weapons
- Drinking glasses
- Drink cartons
- Glass bottles
- Canned drinks
- Computer Tablets
- Large bodied cameras
- Video recording equipment
Please note: Old Trafford is a no smoking stadium, this includes the use of electronic cigarettes
Entry to the Stadium will be refused with any other articles deemed dangerous, hazardous or that compromise public health and safety.
If you have any questions before your visit, please contact email@example.com or telephone +44 (0)161 868 8000.