United freeze season-ticket prices for 2020/21
Manchester United has announced that season-ticket prices have been frozen for the 2020/21 season. This marks the ninth successive season that the club has kept prices static in general admission areas of the stadium.
News of the price freeze comes as the club launches the season-ticket renewal process for the forthcoming campaign. With the waiting list exceeding 100,000 seats, demand is expected to remain high.
This pricing policy ties in with the club’s wider commitment to ensuring that younger fans have access to live, affordable football. Existing initiatives will remain such as the £10 per game season-ticket for under 16s in family areas; the 25 per cent discount for 18-20 year olds and free group tickets for local children for certain cup games.
• Expansion of the dedicated area for vocal fans in the Stretford End to continue to enhance the Old Trafford atmosphere.
• Potential introduction of a rail-seating trial, subject to approval from local authorities.
• Relocation of the family section to premium seats in the Sir Alex Ferguson Stand at no additional cost for existing season-ticket holders.
• Completion of expanded, state-of-the-art accessible facilities for disabled supporters after more than £11 million of investment.
• Kiosk prices will also be held for the forthcoming season.
The family section will move to tier two of the Sir Alex Ferguson Stand, providing young spectators with exceptional views of the pitch. Explaining the move, Richard Arnold said: “This is part of our long-term plan and vision for the stadium, which we have been working on for some time. It’s been a big piece of work and a significant majority of our match-going fans backed this move to accommodate a larger atmosphere section in a previous consultation. Every fan has their own individual needs to make their matchday special and we want to ensure that there is a suitable home for everyone at Old Trafford.”
Richard Arnold said: “As Old Trafford celebrates its 110-year anniversary, these investments demonstrate our commitment to maintaining its status as one of Europe’s leading football stadiums whilst preserving its unique and iconic character.”The renewals process launches today (9 March), with a deadline of Friday 1 May 2020.
For further details on season-ticket renewals and related information, please visit www.manutd.com/renew.