Amad picks up NXGN award
Manchester United winger Amad has picked up an award for achieving a place on the 2021 NXGN list of the best young footballers in the world.
The teenager, named in the Ivory Coast squad for the first time ahead of the Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers, has furthered his reputation since joining the Reds from Atalanta in Serie A.
The NXGN list is compiled by Goal journalists in 44 different countries with players needing to be born on or after 1 January 2002 in order to qualify, and there are separate men's and women's awards.
Barcelona prospect Ansu Fati came out on top, ahead of Rennes' highly rated midfielder Eduardo Camavinga and Borussia Dortmund's Gio Reyna.
Amad made the top 20 of the 50-strong list and collected his trophy at the Aon Training Complex.
Past winners include Jadon Sancho, Gianluigi Donnarumma and Youri Tielemans, who scored in our weekend Emirates FA Cup tie against Leicester City.
MEN'S NXGN LIST TOP 20
1. Ansu Fati (Barcelona)
2. Eduardo Camavinga (Rennes)
3. Gio Reyna (Borussia Dortmund)
4. Pedri (Barcelona)
5. Jude Bellingham (Borussia Dortmund)
6. Florian Wirtz (Bayer Leverkusen)
7. Ryan Gravenberch (Ajax)
8. Jamal Musiala (Bayern Munich)
9. Mo Ihattaren (PSV Eindhoven)
10. Reinier (Real Madrid, on loan at Borussia Dortmund)
11. Rayan Cherki (Lyon)
12. Gabriel Veron (Palmeiras)
13. Yunus Musah (Valencia)
14. Jeremy Doku (Rennes)
15. Youssoufa Moukoko (Borussia Dortmund)
16. Tanguy Nianzou (Bayern Munich)
17. Fabio Silva (Wolves)
18. Kaio Jorge (Santos)
19. AMAD (UNITED)
20. Josko Gvardiol (Dinamo Zagreb)