Fan representatives wanted for Munich pilgrimage
The Manchester Munich Memorial Foundation (MMMF) wishes to announce the opening of the process for the nomination and selection of the two fan representatives to play a lead role at the annual memorial ceremony in Manchesterplatz, Trudering-Riem, Munich, Germany.
The nomination process for taking part in the February 2022 ceremony in Munich is now open and closes on 30 September 2021.
This is a very special opportunity to play a key part in the memorial service. To qualify:
1. You must never have been to the memorial site(s) at Trudering, Munich before; plus
2. You must bring a child or grandchild (under 18) with you; or
3. If you are under 18, you must bring a parent or grandparent with you.
You will be required to read out the names of the 23 souls who lost their lives as a result of the Munich Air Disaster and lay the fans’ wreath on behalf of all United fans.
The expenses for return flights to Munich (5-7 February) and two nights of hotel accommodation in Munich (5-6 February) will be covered. Trustees and members of the MMMF Charity will be present to accompany you throughout the duration of your pilgrimage.
On 6 February 1958, 23 people - including eight United players - suffered fatal injuries in the Munich Air Disaster.
To apply, simply email the following information (in full please) to the email address below:
1. Your name and age.
2. Your address.
3. Your child/grandchild's name and their age.
4. If you are under 18, the name and age of the parent/grandparent accompanying you.
5. Confirmation that you have never been before.
This information (on completion in full) should be emailed for the attention of Pat Burns to email@example.com, with 'Munich Fans Representation' in the subject line.
The draw will take place on Friday 22 October 2021 when the annual MMMF fundraising dinner is held in the Manchester Suite at Old Trafford.