MUTV launches on Connected TV platforms
Manchester United has announced the expansion of the club's official, award-winning network MUTV by confirming its availability on four new platforms: Amazon Fire, Apple TV, Xbox and Roku.
This continued expansion provides MUTV access to a new demographic of the club’s fanbase in the United States and selected countries across Europe*, Asia, Australia and Africa.
Recent figures show that connected TV usage is highest among millennials (18 to 34-year-olds), representing a growing trend of younger audiences accessing programming on over-the-top platforms in place of traditional linear television.
Following the successful direct to consumer launch of MUTV on iOS, Android and MUTV.com last season, and building on the global success of its linear distribution and availability in over 35 million homes, these additional platforms provide the club's 659 million followers with the ability to watch MUTV from the comfort of their living room, without a cable subscription.
Existing subscribers to the MUTV app and web platforms can access these new platforms for free via a universal login feature, which allows the same credentials to be used across several devices. You can also search MUTV on your favourite app store.
The expansion of MUTV coincides with the introduction of a wide range of new on-demand categories. This includes matchday programming and highlights, a library of full classic matches, MUFC Original films, celebrity features and much more, with a selection of this content available for free. This free section will allow both subscribers and non-subscribers to stream videos and engage with the club. The network has also introduced a choice of subscription passes, including a new discounted annual pass.
MUTV is now on Connected TV! Video
Fans with a subscription will gain full access to exclusive club content, including:
- Live coverage and broadcasts of every pre-season game as follows:
San Jose Earthquakes – Levi's Stadium, 22 July (14:00 PDT, 22:00 BST)
AC Milan – StubHub Center, 25 July (20:05 PDT, 26 July 04:05 BST)
Liverpool – Michigan Stadium, 28 July (17:05 EDT, 22:05 BST)
Real Madrid – Hard Rock Stadium, 31 July (20:05 EDT, 1 August 01:05 BST)
Bayern Munich – Allianz Arena, 5 August (20:15 CET, 19:15 BST)
- Live commentary of every United match in the Premier League, Champions League and domestic cup competitions.
- Pre and post-match analysis of each game by United legends and exclusive interviews with Jose Mourinho and the players.
- Award-winning films, documentaries and original programming.
- Live coverage of The Manager’s Press Conferences.
- Live broadcasts of over 50 live Reserve and Academy fixtures every season.
- Exclusive access and features with the new Manchester United Women’s Team.
- Full replays of classic United matches.
- An extensive catalogue of on-demand categories, including The Match In 20, Inside United, Top Tens, Celebrities, Table Football and more.
Manchester United’s CEO of Media, Phil Lynch, commented:
“The continued expansion of MUTV and the launch on these platforms expands our reach, opens up new audiences, and provides millions of fans access to our award-winning on-demand and linear programming, without having to leave their set-top box environment.”
For more information on how to subscribe, visit MUTV.com.
Story updated 20 July, 14:30 BST