It's every fan's time to get a Devil!
Maybe you’ve seen them poking out behind snaps of Marcus Rashford or Alejandro Garnacho. Maybe you’ve spotted a few while scrolling Instagram, or between threads on our official Twitter. Maybe you’ve not seen them at all. But The Devils are here. They’re breaking out of Old Trafford. And they’re bringing rewards with them!
Need a recap on what digital collectibles are and do? Click here.
Want a deep dive into how Devils are created? Go for it.
What’s important right here, right now is that each Devil is 100% unique, with eyes and horns and teeth and tridents inspired by United’s Fred The Red and big moments from the club’s past. Now every fan has the chance to get one.
The club’s first official digital collectible - The Key - was claimed more than 800,000 times. Every Key came with rewards, and every one was a gift. The Keys also unlocked the chance to own a Devil before anyone else.
This past week, those fans with Keys could purchase a Devil first. But that time has passed. Now it’s every fan’s chance to own one - including you.
HOW TO GET YOUR DEVIL
1. Visit collectibles.manutd.com
2. Hit a big red 'Unlock My Devil' button
3. You'll need a home for your Devil. Follow the steps on screen to create a free digital wallet (more on those here)
4. Once done, get your Devil to unlock rewards (more on those below)
The Devils are what’s known as ‘generative art’. That means each Devil’s traits, like the shape of their horns or the colour backdrop they’re against, are unique and define its rarity. The rarer the Devil, the better the rewards you can unlock.
The rewards you can unlock by owning a Devil include:
But that’s not all. Owning a Devil enters you into an exclusive community. Only 7,777 will ever exist, making them an iconic piece of club memorabilia. The blockchain means you can forever verify that yours is authentic, as well as where it came from, who owned it previously and what traits it’s built with.
Much like an official club scarf or matchday programme, each Devil is purchasable. They cost £30 (including VAT) and every fan who chooses to get one has an equal chance of unlocking rare Devils. Every Devil guarantees you greater access to the club, and they are awarded at random at the point of purchase, so every fan has the chance to get a rare one. You can then check out their traits and what makes them special via your digital wallet on collectibles.manutd.com.
For more on the Devils, check out their introduction to the world here.
What Devil will you unlock? Share it with the world using #CollectUnited on social media and join United’s newest fan community today!
Manchester United’s officially licensed Digital Collectibles, powered by Tezos and brought to you by Tezos ecosystem companies, are a form of cryptoasset. Manchester United Digital Collectibles have been issued as a collectible item and not an investment. However, it is important that you keep in mind that:
1. Manchester United Digital Collectibles are not currently regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK and are not covered by the Financial Ombudsman Service or the Financial Services Compensation Scheme;
2. the value of Manchester United Digital Collectibles is variable and can go down as well as up;
3. tax may be payable on any profits made on the sale of Manchester United Digital Collectibles; and
4. for those Digital Collectibles which require purchase, the decision to purchase Manchester United Digital Collectibles requires careful thought and consideration. You should seek independent financial advice if you are in doubt. You should not purchase any cryptoassets if you do not fully understand the nature of your purchase and the risks involved.